Less than 3 weeks until we leave for Hay River! Two notes from me:
Early to bed, early to rise - Start to prepare for the one hour time change and morning races (snowshoers) by going to bed a little earlier and getting up earlier. Get a good nights sleep and keep healthy!
Yes! It looks like we have food at the range on our race days! Thank you to Dan for looking after us and getting this done!
Here lots of great information from Dan.....
Just wanted to forward some more info along to you all.
1) Fees are due, in full, tomorrow at Sport Yukon. You can contact Sandra at the front desk, she will be able to tell you how much you owe ($375.00 minus the raffle ticket sales).
2) Nutrition Presentation is scheduled to begin at Sport Yukon tomorrow at 5:00 pm. It will likely be about 1.5 hours long and you are welcome to attend in person at Sport Yukon or watch on Facebook live.
3) The raffle will happen at Sport Yukon on Friday, you can watch on Facebook live as well.
4) Immunizations are available at Public Health (Quartz Road) on Mar. 2/18 from 1-4:00 pm.
5) Please fill out the athlete profile forms (optional). This is to assist the communications folks.
6) Charter- You will be able to check one personal bag (under 40 lbs.) and have one carry on (under 20 lbs.). The carry on should be able to fit under the seat in front of you. This does not include equipment, just personal belongings. Don’t forget to pack a pillow as they will not provide one for you. We don’t know if there will be mattress covers, you may want to bring a single fitted sheet (just in case). You will get a sleeping bag as part of your athlete package. We leave Whitehorse at 8:00 am. Sat. Mar.17. We should be at the airport by 6:30 am.!! Don’t forget there is a one hour time change in Hay River and it is a two hour flight so we will arrive at 11:00 am local time.
7) Pep Rally is scheduled for Thurs. Mar.15/18 at the Art Centre. Due to begin at 6:00 pm.; however, you will be required to be there by 5:00-5:15 pm. so that team pictures can be taken prior to the start of the Rally. Everyone is asked to wear your Team Yukon hoodies and black pants if you have them or blue jeans. Pants are not a big deal but we should try to match as a team, so whatever you guys want to do, just let me know!
8) As most of you know by now, we will be having food service right at the venue for lunches! I still recommend that we bring some snack foods ( ie. Emma’s trail mix - pre/ post race stuff just in case).
I think that is about it for now, I have another Mission meeting next week so I will update you as I become aware.